The Vision of Liberty City Community Revitalization Trust is to empower those who live, learn, work and play in Liberty City to reclaim, transform and rebuild our community.
The Mission of the Liberty City Community Revitalization Trust is to facilitate the development of affordable housing, commercial businesses, quality education, employment opportunities for residents and improve the overall quality of life for residents.
To ensure that City of Miami’s short-term and long term goals can be accomplished; the City Commission approved Ordinance No. 12859 that establishes Liberty City Community Revitalization Trust (“Liberty City Trust”). This is a new vision for the Liberty City Community. The Liberty City Trust is responsible for facilitating the revitalization efforts in the new Liberty City jurisdiction boundaries, which expanded to include I-95 west to the City of Miami boundary and SR 112 north to the City of Miami boundary.
Facilitate the development of affordable housing – homeownership, rental and supportive services:
- Ensure full employment for residents at a living wage or greater
- Facilitate residential and commercial development in the area
- Facilitate technical and financial assistance for businesses
- Attract new businesses to the area
- Facilitate area beautification programs involving home owners and rental property owners to upgrade and maintain the appearance and value of properties in the community
- Work with Miami Dade County Public Schools located within our boundaries and youth programs to improve student services, student performance, parent involvement and increase students awareness of their civic and social responsibilities for where they live
- Ensure that senior citizens have access supportive programs designed for them;
- Improve safety and security in the area
We have established strategic partnerships with various developers, businesses and organizations in the community, and in close association with City of Miami and Miami Dade County to facilitate the delivery of the Core Services in our community.